Development Kickoff - Full day, Whole Team
Starting a few weeks after any needed design starts. Entire team is present, including design, client, pm. May cover up to ~3 months of work.
Come away with:
- Solid understanding of why we are building X
- Understand the “enough” line (when have we built enough for the client to start using and get feedback on the product?)
- Find the landmines or “anti-goals” which keep us from reaching the goals
- Ex: is mobile optimization an anti-goal?
- Understand tech requirements and platforms
- Understand users and how they flow through the app
- Review wireframes + user research : personas, mood boards, brand guidelines, prototypes, copywriting info, styles guides. Put these in gdrive or in pinned slack notes so everyone can find them.
- Create roadmap together with stories
- Identify mini-releases along the way
- Create and sign off on GDPR expectations what data will we persist and how long? Also how will it be exported or deleted?
- Goals - 15min
- Business Risks/Technical Risks/Landmines - 30-60min
- Users/Activities/Flows - 30min
- Story Creation on note cards, mark with priority of high, medium or low- 1 hour
- Story Creation in Asana for any note card labelled high or medium - 1 hour
Development Kickoff Agenda - Fraxx & Abtion
- Since last time
- New faces around the table
- “What have we been up to” (Abtion)
Any updates from Fraxx? (Client)
- Identity design
- First take on concept, look and feel (Abtion)
- Development kick-off
- User stories (All, facilitated by PM)
- Shaping MVP
- Prioritizing features
- Identify mini-releases
- Find the landmines and anti-goals
- Clarify the tech requirements (Tech team)
- Browsers, languages, domains etc.
- Requirements for video
- Need for tracking/statistics
- Create and sign off on GDPR expectations (PM)
- What data will we persist and how long?
- How will data be exported or deleted?
- SLA / Maintenance in the future
# Remember notes - This is of course with the specific project in mind
- Hosting of videos - what about the economy vs. quality?
- What video format do we need in order to fit both mobile, tablet and desktop?
- Data processor agreement needed?
- Talk about the time dev and design need to pair
- Make sure we touch tracking like GA and SoMe
- The content must be translated to Norwegian by Fraxx
- What mail system do they use?