Known issues and workarounds
My colleagues tell me that I sound like a pilot
- Open the sound settings on your computer and check if your microphone volume is too high. If it’s nearly maxed out, try lowering the volume a bit. Maxing out the microphone volume can severely degrade the quality.
My colleauges tell me that I’m breathing heavily
- Place the microphone “next to” your mouth instead of in front of it
- Move the microphone further away from your mouth while keeping it pointed towards it.
My ModMic is picking up a LOT of background noise
- If it has an omni-/uni direction switch, swith it to uni. The correct icon is a circle with a “dent” (Cardioid), as opposed to the full circle icon which symbolizes omni-directional mode.
- Ensure that the omni-/uni switch, or the microphone logo - depending on the model - is facing towards your face. Otherwise the microphone will do it’s best to pick up the background-noise instead of your voice.