Behaviour and protocol
Values are pointless if not put into practice. Our values are reflected in the following behaviors.
Collective ownership gives control of the entire project to all team members. “Your part” is the product. Either it’s a good product, or it is not.
- Communicate openly. No privileged information. Everyone should have the same basis for decision making.
- Cut the middle person. We put the team directly in front of the stakeholder.
- Break knowledge silos. No one is “the expert” in an area.
- Work end-to-end. We need to be able to impact as much of the project as possible.
- T-shape profiles. We still have roles, and they know about areas surrounding their expertise.
- Integrated QA. The team takes direct responsibility for the work they’ve created.
- Pair up! Team members work simultaneously on the same tasks.
- Keep it simple. We want people to be able to pitch in.