To remedy bugs, we have a certain procedure that we encourage you to follow.
How to report bugs
- Find a bug.
- Ensure that the bug has not already been reported in Asana.
- Check if the bug is still valid and reproducible.
- Add an Asana card to the correct project:
- Add a description of the bug and how it can be reproduced.
- Add images to the task if applicable.
- Prioritize the bug based on its severity.
- If it is not severe then add it to the backlog and assign it to the project manager.
- If it is severe, put it in the top of the backlog.
How to fix bugs
- Pick a bug from Asana.
- Write a failing test or figure out why existing tests did not fail.
- Make the test pass.
Tools for preventing bugs
Recommended tools for catching bugs are:
Code needs to be test-driven and written in pairs. This is the Abtion way and has proven to minimize bugs.